Tecmo Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Game Forums  Hop To Forums  Ninja Gaiden    Ninja Gaiden Sigma Impressions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Impressions
 Login/Join

Christie
posted
Well, I finally broke down and got a PS3 today. I still haven't even done anything with it yet as I'm still in the process or setting it up. I'm downloading what must be some massive update for the system at the moment because it's taking forever.

My collectors edition of the game should arrive tomorrow at which point I'll post my first impressions here.

I encourage anyone else who has the game to post their impressions here as well.

If anyone has any recommendations as far as the system goes for cool downloads or things I should do in the settings or whatever let me know since I am new to the whole thing.

Posts: 65 | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ryu
Picture of Lord Dorkus
posted Hide Post
Next download should be the NG:S demo.
GTHD after that.

Posts: 788 | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Christie
posted Hide Post
Well, I spent a while with the game today and played up to chapter 6. So far I'm enjoying the game as to be expected and it's nice to see that they've changed up the game a bit so it's not completely the same thing all the way through. I have to admit that it's a heck of a lot easier becuase there are elixirs all over the place now and you can use the d-pad to use them at any time without having to go to your inventory like in the older versions.

Right now I'm stuck running the game in 720p using component inputs until I run out and get an HDMI cable and a DVI converter so I can hook it up to my monitor.

I'll post some more impressions later once I get further into the game.

Christie
posted Hide Post
So far my impressions of the game are great. I only have one gripe though and that's that there is an intermittent loading that's a lot more frequent than on the Xbox. It's also longer. Now don't get me wrong. With the ability to "install" the game on the PS3s HDD the game overall loads extremely fast but it's the occasional loading while you are playing that gets rather annoying. The other is slowdown. It's rare but it does happen. Like when I'm trying to keep the camera tight on Rachel to keep enemies from attacking me with projectiles (I'll explain this in minute) and I'm being mobbed and I unleash my Ultimate Technique I get slowdown due to being zoomed in so much.

* * * S P O I L E R * * *

In one of the missions with Rachel she returns to Hayabusa village. If you go to the bridge where you fight the flaming horseman there is a 60 fiend challenge there. When you beat it you get one of her alternate hairstyles. Anyway, what I would do here to keep the teleporting ninjas from shooting magic at me is this... I'd keep near walls and keep the camera positioned where I couldn't see anything in the distance. If you do this they won't ever shoot at you. They will however teleport in on you so you have to be careful there. This allowed me to kill all the regular ninjas and then focus on the teleporting ones since they are a lot easier to kill and only spawn one at a time.

Kokoro
posted Hide Post
i dont suppose team ninja normally patches games but this really needs a patch. For one, fix the mid battle load points, the slowdown, and put the damn intro back in, i have no clue why you guys removed the intro as it was awesome.

Posts: 5 | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tina
posted Hide Post
I have an installed NG Sigma and I've noticed the both slow downs and odd load times both in battles and in unexpected transition points (including a loading window pop up literally 1 step away from the gate into the Dworku courtyard (where the save point is) from where the 3 roads converge followed by a load screen for stepping into the Dworku courtyard). I have noticed a sluggishness in controls when attempting to to roll away from blocking 3 or more attacking enemies (3 plus control taps when no block noise.) Additionally, I have noticed that the footstep noise is out of sync with the player. After running for a while the sound usually continues for a step or two. I noticed these features on my first play through.

Posts: 24 | Registered: October 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kokoro
posted Hide Post
Seriously, this is the most unoptimized piece of crap i've ever played from team ninja, HUUUUGE disappointment, i mean you walk down the street, it loads, you walk 10 more feet, it loads. you turn around and go back it loads again, then you meet some enemies, it loads.

WTF TEAM NINJA! US FANS BUYING THIS CRAP FROM YOU FOR 60-70$ IS THEFT ON YOUR PART, PATCH THIS AND MAKE IT RIGHT!!!

Kokoro
posted Hide Post
Tecmo, what do you say to our complaints? I thought you only allowed the best, and yet sigma is an unoptimized sloppy port!

Hitomi
Picture of Motoko Kusanagi
posted Hide Post
[quote]loads, you walk 10 more feet, it loads. you turn around and go back it loads again, then you meet some enemies, it loads.

I thought you were exaggerating **decay**, as there was no sign of this in the demo or the early levels.

But, I too am seeing what you are seeing... Things turned to crap in the later levels. This is really unacceptable, considering that we've even installed the game on the hard drive no less...

Looks like another Tecmo rush job...

They can't even display the damn loading text correctly - it overwrites on top of other text... Just very sloppy...

Posts: 52 | Location: Section 9 | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Christie
posted Hide Post
Sigma is great to me. Not much loading with the install option. Team Ninja touched up every aspect of the game. Its almost like a whole new game to me...

Mind you, been through NG and NGB over 20 times.
Ninja Gaiden Sigma is a masterpeice. Period.
The musics great too Wink

and what the hell would another "Team Ninja rush job be" ? Your loosing it@

NINJA

Posts: 140 | Location: Earth | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ayane
Picture of juuken
posted Hide Post
How in the world is Sigma a sloppy port?

It's a near perfect port of Black, in my opinion. I never get tired of playing it and I've beaten all four modes. I might even play most of the mission modes (I've beaten some). It's ridiculous really...to see someone speak rubbish about this game.

Posts: 4 | Registered: April 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ayane
Picture of psmgamer
posted Hide Post
The only thing that this game is missing is the NES versions of Ninja Gaiden 1-3 and the arcade version of Ninja Gaiden. It would be nice if Temco had these for the downloaded supported on PSN.

Posts: 2 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: April 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Christie
posted Hide Post
It's also missing the opening cinematic which explains the storyline/history to you in detail before the game begins.

Old Forums

Christie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by psmgamer:
The only thing that this game is missing is the NES versions of Ninja Gaiden 1-3 and the arcade version of Ninja Gaiden. It would be nice if Temco had these for the downloaded supported on PSN.

It could happen. Notice how the invisible arcade cabinet keeps you from walking in that area. Hopefully Tecmo and Micro$haft's contract is over and TECMO can pump some games out. Wink

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 10/10

NINJA

Posts: 140 | Location: Earth | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post